Thursday, January 6, 2011

Sweet Spirits

Paige is just now getting to the point where she understands prayers, or at least what to do during one. Two nights ago the kids and I were playing with Parker on the floor and Paige folds her arms and looks at the rest of us, prompting us to do the same. After everyone followed her lead (Daddy joined us) she buried her little head in her arms (she learned that part from big brother!), took a big breath in and said "Dear Heavenly Father." Tysen then took over and finished the prayer for her. I had to fight every urge I had to get up and get the camera. I want to remember that moment forever. The next night at dinner things were chaotic and everyone started eating at different times but as soon as sissy got into her chair she folded her arms and stared at us. Tysen has been doing great too. He offers to say the prayer every time and has gone from asking for blessings of a clean room and good hunting, to asking blessing for his siblings all on his own. There is no doubt in my mind that kids can feel the spirit and I am so thankful that they can. It brings so much joy into our home.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh that is so sweet! Kids really do keep us on the right track huh! Their young innocent spirits are so close to the spirit and often remind us of what we should be doing. I can just imagine sweet little Paigey folding her arms and staring you all down waiting for you to follow suit!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet. I love that Tysen prayed for good hunting. Good he knows he can pray for what's important to him.

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Marie