Saturday, June 6, 2009

We received notice that our renters in our old house are breaking their lease (6 months early) and moving out the end of June. So we started showing the property to rent it again. Today was the first day I have been in the house in about a year. I cried. I literally broke down in tears right in front of the potential renters. Our house that we had lived in and worked on for 5 years, was trashed. Come to find out they had 8 kids, all under the age of like 9 living there. We knew there was going to be kids, but they only listed 3 on the lease. Just imagine 8 kids running around with little to no supervision or discipline. The bottom half of the walls are covered in greased fingerprints and dirt, all of the walls have holes in them from the doors being slammed, blinds are broken, etc, and I don’t think the house has been cleaned the entire year. Absolutely disgusting. When we rented the house we had 11 fruit bearing trees in the back, along with two huge, 15 year old shade trees and new sod. We went in the backyard to find 3 fruit trees left, half the grass dead, and our beautiful shade trees cut down to stumps. What in the world were they thinking? Trees like that are not common here in the desert and they took 15 years to grow that big. The renters had discussed with us the conditions on getting their security deposit back (before we had entered the house of course) and we said as long as the house is returned in the condition that we rented it to you in, we will refund the deposit. So when we went today, they were “fixing” up the house by repainting the walls. I should be happy right? Think again. First of all they were painting white all over my beige walls, choosing only to paint the areas that needed to be repainted, leaving some white, some beige. Secondly, they didn’t clean the walls, they just painted over the dirty walls. Thirdly, we have tile baseboards for the whole downstairs and you have to be extra careful not to get paint in the grout because it DOES NOT come out (I know from experience). Well, they didn’t even bother to put tape down so there is white paint covering 80% of the grout. I just wanted to scream “STOP! You obviously don’t know what you are doing so just stop! You are just making it harder on me!” I refrained. I knew if I opened my mouth nothing nice would come out so I thanked them for letting me show the house and left.

1 comment:

  1. Anne-Marie WitkowskiJanuary 22, 2010 at 8:41 AM

    Jen!!! I cannot believe how they treated your beautiful house!! I'm so sorry!

    How did it all turn out in the end?? I am just getting to reading your posts after 6 months! LOL! How are you?

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Marie