I think that all of the “parking lot planners” must be males who have never grocery shopped with kids because if they had, they would not design the parking lot on a slope. This was the scene today… I had a cart full of groceries, Paige in her car seat in the cart, and Tysen sleeping in my arms. I parked the cart next to the car and try to open the door as the cart rolls away. I chase the cart and stop it before it rolls into traffic, wheel it back to the car and try to strategically place it against the slope. I attempt to open the door with no success before the cart starts rolling again. So I reset the cart and hold it with my foot. Now picture this… cart full of groceries, Paige in her car seat in the cart, Tysen sleeping in my arms, balancing on one foot, trying to open the door. Apparently I was a sight to see. I’ll admit it, I looked hopeless. So hopeless, an elderly man with a cane, who was barely walking himself, came to hold my cart while I opened the door and put Tysen in his cart seat. Thank you, thank you, thank you kind elderly man! As I got in the car and started wiping the sweat off my face I thought to myself, “Who in the world designs these things anyways?” Then I thought, “I wish I had a minivan with automatic doors.” Yes, you heard it from me… I wish I had a minivan. I am now officially a mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment